Warwick Homes for Sale
An Awesome Suburban City
Warwick is the third largest city in Rhode Island. It is located just 12 miles from downtown Providence, making it perfect for commuters. It is also home to the state’s airport, TF Green. Much of Warwick is located on Narragansett Bay. There are many parks located in Warwick, including Goddard State Park, Rocky Point State Park, Warwick City Park and Oakland Beach. Warwick Center for the Arts was founded in 1974 and features exhibits in its art gallery, as well as performances, camps for children, adult classes and comedy shows.
Local public schools are operated by Warwick Public Schools. Toll Gate High School and Pilgrim High School are the two comprehensive public high schools located in Warwick. The two public middle schools are Winman Junior High School and Warwick Veterans Junior High School. Aldrich Junior High School and Gorton Junior High School closed in 2016 as part of the school consolidation project. The school department is headed by superintendent Philip Thornton.
Bishop Hendricken High School is an all-male college preparatory Catholic high school located in Warwick. Rocky Hill School is a P–12 co-ed secular country day school located on Warwick’s isolated Potowomut peninsula. The school lists an East Greenwich address, despite being geographically included as part of the city of Warwick.
Many of the City’s Schools received above average ratings, and you can read more about the schools here.
Toll Gate and Pilgrim High Schools offer 16 varsity sports for girls and boys in the fall, winter and spring. There are boys and girls teams in basketball, cross-country, ice hockey, lacrosse, soccer, tennis, track, swimming and volleyball, along with programs in field hockey, football, baseball, cheering, gymnastics, softball, golf and wrestling.
The Community College of Rhode Island Knight Campus is also located in Warwick. The College offers programs in
- Allied Health Programs
- Business & Professional Studies
- Computer Studies
- Criminal Justice and Legal Studies
- Dental Health Programs
- Emergency Management & Homeland Security
- Engineering and Technology
- Film & Media
- Fire Science
- Human Services
- Performing Arts
- Rehabilitative Health Programs
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultures
Warwick Has Many Recreational Areas
The City is home to Mcdermott Pool, Thayer Skating Arena and many parks and playgrounds including:
- Conimicut Point Park is located on Point Avenue. This park provides scenic views and a peaceful setting.
- Oakland Beach Park is a waterfront park that has a beach tended by a lifeguard during the summer, and is located on Oakland Beach Avenue.
- Pawtuxet Park is located off Narragansett Parkway on the Pawtuxet Cove. This waterfront park has a charming reproduction of a Victorian gazebo, picnic sites, and park benches.
- Apponaug Park is a small park near the center of Apponaug containing the Apponaug fountain and victorian benches.
- Clegg Field is a lighted softball field located on Winter Avenue in Conimicut. There is seating for approximately 2000, plus parking for 200.
- Goddard Memorial State Park is a 472 acre park located in the Potowomut section of Warwick. The park provides picnic grounds, salt-water bathing, bath-houses, a concession stand and a golf course.
- George Salter Memorial Grove is a scenic park which offers a public boat ramp and picnic areas overlooking Narragansett Bay.
The Parks and Rec department offers youth baseball and soccer leagues as well as adult programs such as Yoga in the Park.